My Gym Playlist | December 2018

The music I listen to will either make or break my gym session...

Like my workout routine, I frequently shake-up the playlists I listen to and make for my gym sessions. If the music does not motivate me, I tend to enjoy my workout less. It always amazes me how music can effect my work ethic so much!

 I also section the music I listen to depending on the stage of my workout so the beats-per-minute and mood is just right! Stretching out to heavy drum and bass and doing cardio to slow R n B just doesn't sound too appealing. I use Spotify Premium on my student account (which is an amazing £4. 99 a month) to split up all my gym music into separate playlists. I have different playlists for cardio, stretching, boxing, weight-lifting, and toning. And the beauty of it is my playlists will never get boring and repetitive because I can just add and delete songs to and from it to my hearts content. 


My current playlist contains a lot of drum and bass to keep me motivated through the new year and to get me excited for the next fight season. This blog post will share my top five songs to do cardio, boxing, stretching, toning and weight lifting to. Let me know what you think and share your favourite songs to work out to in the comment section below!

Boxing.

Rhythm and Gash- Rebound X (Flava D Remix)
Darkzy- Glock VIP
Black Widow- Macky Gee
Talk- Bushbaby 
Wanna Be Me- Mikey B & Purple Velvet Curtains
---
I find a lot of heavy rhythm and bass music helps me put in the graft, put in more power to my punches and it makes me feel so much more motivated. The first time I did sparring to music it was to this type of music and for some reason it gave me such an adrenaline rush, I have no idea why!

Cardio.

Heartbroken- T2 
Dreamer- Livin' Joy
Never Let Deppz Go- Sammy Virjii & Deppz (Deppz Remix)
Where's Your Head At- Basement Jaxx
Sunchyme- Dario G
---
A lot of this music is fast-paced and has the perfect beats-per-rhythm for a fast-paced cardio workout. This music always keeps me going, especially when I'm close to giving up on the treadmill. 

Toning/Weight-Lifting.

X Gon' Give it to Ya- DMX
I love it- Kanye West & Lil Pump (it's so bad it's good)
Day 'n' Nite (Nightmare)- Kid Cudi
Unforgettable- French Montana
Lemon- N.E.R.D. & Rihanna (again...so bad it's good)
---
These are a bit more slow-paced in comparison to the cardio top five. This is just so I can pace myself more and have a more effective workout. 

Stretching.

Tears Dry on their Own- Amy Winehouse
Papa Don't Preach- Madonna
Tuscan Leather- Drake
From Time- Drake ft. Jhene Aiko 
This Could Be Us- Rae Sremmurd 

A mix of Amy Winehouse and Drake doesn't sound ideal and is actually laughable but these songs help me chill and add up to just over ten minutes, which is the ideal stretching time after a long workout. 

------------------

Thank you so much for reading this post! I hope you stick around for more and get some motivation out of this blog. Make sure to follow now so you don't miss a thing and I will be writing the next post as you read this, so keep your eyes peeled!  

Comments

Popular Posts